Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sleepless Nights

So, for those who know me well, know that I have insomnia, a sleep disorder. I require Lunesta to sleep. At one time in my life, I was able to sleep through anything, anywhere at anytime and nothing could wake me up. Through the years, this has changed. Myles says that I used up all of my sleep hours!!

Anyway, this sleep disorder developed while I was pregnant with Destiny. Of course, I thought that it was from the obvious discomforts of pregnancy. The symptoms did not go away after delivery or for months. Destiny was not a good sleeping baby, but became an awesome sleeper with time. My sleep did not improve with hers and after about six months or so with very limited sleep (around 3 hours a night), I was put on medications. After trying Restoril and Ambien, Lunesta has been the best option for me!

Well, a life changing event has caused my sleep to become endangered again. I find that I wake up to any noise, even with the use of the highest dosage of Lunesta available. Thanks to the explosion at Bushland, I am not only easily awakened, but I am also afraid to go to sleep. Although I feel that I responded very rapidly and effectively to the explosion and was able to effectively take care of my family, it was the scariest experience in my life and I never want to experience that again. I am praying for God to ease my anxiety and my post-traumatic stress! Some say fear is of the Devil, but I do not completely agree! If it wasn't for the fear and adrenaline the night of the explosion, one family at least would be dead today. I believe that God sometimes gives us fear, so that we will respond to his warnings! I don't know about everyone else, but I will always listen to my "sixth sense" or God speaking to me.

As for my sleep, hopefully this post-traumatic stress will resolve and I will be able to sleep again... or atleast the medication will work effectively for me again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your predicament and your latest event. I know things are tough. Generally I don't have much of a tough time sleeping. But, when I do I know how rough it is on a person.

    Have you ever tried using things that are along the natural line? Say something that is along the lines of homeopathic or herbal. There are a number of items out there that could be used.

    ReplyDelete