Sunday, December 20, 2009

Excitement

This has been a great Christmas season!! I love Christmas time and everything about Christmas, except the cold weather. This year has been unseasonably warm, so this has been a wonderful Christmas thus far. Now I realize it is going to get cold, but I cannot complain!

Myles and I have always worked shift work and usually one of us have to work Christmas day, so we have been very accustomed to celebrating Christmas on a day other than December 25. This year it happens to be tomorrow!

Christmas seemed to creep up on me faster this year than ever before. We usually go look at Christmas lights several times before Christmas, but this year we didn't get an opportunity to go out until tonight. We drove through Woflin, but decided to go to 'ole faithful and look at lights at Bishop Hills (if you haven't gone yet, Bishop Hills is awesome with its live Nativity Scene). The girls loved looking at lights. On our way home, Destiny asked to drive around Bushland to look at lights, so we did. Hailee was asleep already by this time!

While we drove around our neighborhood at Prairie West, we saw a Deer just grazing through the neighborhood! What perfect timing. Destiny wanted to come home and watch TV before going to bed. We showed her the deer, who didn't mind us driving close to it...about 25 foot away and explained that Santa must be near. I could see the excitement well up in her and she requested to go home now, so that she could watch TV and go to bed. She explained that she would only watch one Sponge Bob and go to bed.
When we arrived home, she took off all of her clothes (yes, every stitch), preparing to get into her PJ's and went to the bathroom. Hailee was awake not, from being carried into the house. I was in the living room, playing with Hailee and was playing like I was Santa. I said Ho-Ho-Ho in a gruff voice. Destiny came running into the living room and said "Mommy, did you say Ho-Ho-Ho?" I told her "No". The look on her face was absolutely priceless!!! I only wish I could have captured a photo, but it's always the unplanned events that get you! She rushed into the bedroom, still naked, and climbed into bed. She said "I gotta go to sleep right now or Santa won't stop". I helped her get into her PJ's...faster than she has ever done anything. She said "Mommy, please no socks" and she tucked herself in bed. She was literally asleep within 5 minutes!
Wow, these are the times that we create these Wonderful Memories! Those of you who know me, know that I am huge on creating memories for my kids and this was a great one!!
Goodnight and Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment